2. Download the X-CTU software from digi.com http://www.digi.com/support/productdetail?pid=3352&type=utilities
3. Use the X-CTU software to change the ID-PAN ID (Under PC Settings) of each X-Bee module. Make it something unique so that you don'y get interference from others that might be used within range of your project.
4. Baud rates: Open Arduino software then change the Baud rate of the Firefly Firmata to 9600. Upload it to your Arduino board (the shield must not be connected during upload); then Change the Baud rate in your Grasshopper / Firefly sketch to 9600.
5. On the X-Bee Arduino shield - Use two jumper cables to connect TX to Pin 3, then RX to Pin 2. See the diagram below.
6. Ensure that your X-Bee Arduino shield is set to D Line (not UArt).
7. Finaly, you should now have wireless control of your Arduino. *** Important Note: Pin 3 is now dedicated for use by the X-Bee. Do not attempt to use it for anything else.
Send me an e-mail if you have any issues or comments.